Documents required when applying for a job:
- Identification including drive’ s license, social security card, birth certificate, or official form of identification to prove who you are
- Proof of legal status in this country and proof that you are legally able to work
- Name of school or program Diploma or certificate from home health aide training course and copy of CNA license
- Names, titles, addresses and phone numbers of previous employers or clients
- Copies of Continuing Education Certifications
- Days and hours available to work
- Brief statement why you want to work as a home health aide and client preferences
Competence in Job Interview Process. Be professional and do the following:
- Dress neatly and appropriately
- Shower or bathe and use deodorant
- Wash your hands with clean well filed nails no more than medium length or shorter
- Men caregiver should shave before interview
- Do not smoke before interview
- Do not wear perfume or cologne. Many people are sensitive or allergic to scents
- Wear simple make up and jewelry
- Wear hair in a simple and tidy style
- Wear nice pair of pants, skirt or dress. Make sure they are not wrinkled to too short. No short pants
- Make sure your shoes are clean and polished
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early. Find the location ahead of time
- Introduce yourself wit a smile and shake hands
- Answer questions clearly and completely
- Make eye contact to show your are sincere
- Avoid using slang words
- Never eat, drink, or chew during an interview
- Sit up or stand up straight and look happy
- Do not bring friends or children
- Do not use cell phones and best turn off your cell phone
- Relax and Be Confident
Here are some sample questions asked during an interview:
- Why did you become a home health aide?
- What do you like about working as a home health aide?
- What do you not like working as a home health aide?
- For first time home health aide, what are your expectations for this job?
- What are you good at? Your strengths and your weaknesses?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- What kind of clients do you prefer to work?
- What hours do you prefer to work?
- What salary are you looking for?
- What benefits are you looking for?
- How much traveling can you work? Any preference for distances of client’s homes?
- When are you available to start working?
Our Corporate Social Responsibility
RIGHT ACCORD Home Health Care is one with the Mesothelioma Hope, a health support organization for terminally ill cancer patients and their loved ones. And also to MesotheliomaLawyerCenter.org, who aside from providing people with comprehensive mesothelioma cancer information, also help asbestos victims recover money for medical treatment and other expenses. Together, we share our desire to provide hope to the hopeless and support grief-stricken families.