Alzheimer’s Disease is the most common form of Dementia. It is a progressive, degenerative, irreversible disease of the brain. Progressive and degenerative means the disease gets worse causing greater loss of health and abilities. Irreversible means the disease cannot be cured therefore, clients with Alzheimer’s disease will never recover. They will need more care as the disease progresses.
At RIGHT ACCORD, our A-Team of caregivers is trained and specializes in Dementia care. Aside from annual review on Dementia Care, caregivers are required to complete Advance Dementia Caregiver Certification Program consisting of 18 hours or classroom training.
HOW CAN HOME CARE HELP SENIORS WITH DEMENTIA?
- Improve quality of life
- Respect for life and dignity
- Ensure safe area in case of pacing and wandering
- Help develop creative therapies such as reality orientation, validation therapy, reminiscence therapy
- Assist with mental exercises and activities to prevent boredom and frustration
- Assistance with personal care
- Encourage cognitive activities to help slow progression of Alzheimer’s disease.