- Meals preparation.
- Shopping and running errands.
- Non-medical client transportation.
- Housekeeping, including;
- Sweeping floors
- Vacuum floors
- Mop floors (using sponge mod or cotton mop)
- Clean Bathroom
- Clean Kitchen
- Remove old food items from refrigerator
- Take out garbage
- Make beds
- Fold and put away clothes and linens
- A Homemaker / Companion cannot administer medications of any kind although they can remind the patient / client to take medications.
- A Homemaker / Companion cannot perform hands-on care including bathing.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile or access to
- adequate transportation for the job.
- Current picture ID, i.e. Florida drivers license
- Social Security Card to verify work authorization.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Health statement from your Physician confirming you are free from communicable
- diseases (* see below)
- Copy of your Level 2 background screening showing you are eligible for employment to
- provide home health care services. (**see below)
*As required through the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA), all new employeeâ€™s must have documented confirmation from their Physician stating that the Caregiver is free from communicable diseases BEFORE providing home health care services to a client.
**As from August 1st, 2010, to be considered as an employee to provide home health care services, you must undertake a LiveScan level 2 background screening as required through the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA). If you are unable to provide this document before applying for this position, you will be requested to attend a local LiveScan company if you are successful at interview stage.
Right Accord can not provide you with a client without any of the above documents.